The sweetness of the watermelon juice and fragrant, warming eucalyptus notes of cardamom balance with the acidity of lime. Rounded off with a rich, bittersweet dash of Campari, this vibrant cocktail is a fruity, refreshing summer essential.
- 1 inch lime peel
- 85ml gin (dry is best)
- 2 tsp Campari
- 2 tsp simple syrup
- 25ml lime juice
- 240ml watermelon juice (approx a third of a melon)
- 2-3 pods Bart Cardamom, crushed
- 2 cubes ice
- A couple of Bart Black Peppercorns, whole or lightly crushed
- Small slice of melon, for the rim
- Add the ice to your cocktail shaker. Pour in the gin, Campari, simple syrup, lime juice, watermelon juice and cardamom. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass and top the glass rim with a slice of watermelon. Garnish with a a pinch of crushed peppercorns, and serve.
115g granulated sugar
- Over a medium heat, place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool, then place in a sealed container or jar. The syrup will keep for around a month in the refrigerator.