This salmon not only tastes amazing, it’s also stunning as any party centrepiece! Oh and it’s super easy too!
- Half a side of salmon, skin-on and pinboned
- 400g raw beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp Bart fennel seeds
- 2 tsp Bart drill
- 2 tsp Bart white peppercorns
- 1 tsp Bart carraway seeds
- 400g coarse sea salt
- 200g caster sugar
- Fresh dill
- Cream cheese
- Black pepper
- In a food processor, blend the beetroot, fennel seeds, dill, white peppercorns, carraway seeds, salt and sugar together, to make a smooth paste.
- Pour a little of the cure into a large dish, then place the salmon skin side down on top. Then pour in the rest of the cure, covering the salmon. Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for 12 hours. Then turn the salmon over and cure for at least another 24 hours.
- When the salmon has cured, tip away the cure and wash the fish under cold water. Then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Using a very sharp knife, finely slice the salmon, cutting at an angle along the body.
- To serve, garnish with dish and enjoy on crackers with cream cheese, some cracked black pepper and a squeeze of lemon.