Taking your pancakes to the next level - this topping will work with any pancake recipe, whether it’s classic crepes or fluffy pancakes!
- 4 peaches, almost ripe
- 400ml of water
- 160g of sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp Bart Ground Ginger
- 250g cream cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- Seeds from 1 Bart Vanilla Pod
- Your favourite pancake recipe
- Raspberries to serve
- To make the syrup add the water, sugar, lemon juice and ginger to a pan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a low heat. After 10 mins or so it should be getting syruppy.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over the peaches and leave for 2 mins. Then plunge them into ice water, and peel away the skins.
- Cut each peach in half, and then place in the pan with the syrup and cook for 10-15 mins until tender.
- While the peaches are cooking, whisk together the cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar.
- Cook your pancakes.
- Serve your pancakes with a generous dollop of vanilla cream cheese, a few peach halves and a drizzle of the peachy syrup. Enjoy!