These sweet, buttery, garlicy onions are really the perfect hot dog topper! Paired with Tracklements Sweet Mustard Ketchup and you’ve got a winner!
- 3 onions, finely sliced
- 30g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tsp Bart black garlic paste
- 4-6 hot dog sausages
- 4-6 hot dog buns
- Tracklements Sweet Mustard Ketchup
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy based pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are very soft and caramelised. Once they’ve reached this point, add the black garlic paste and season with salt and pepper, then fry for another few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the hot dogs according to packet instructions.
- Cut open the rolls and fill with the hot dogs, then top with the onions and the sweet mustard ketchup. Enjoy!