For the Raita:
For the Pickled Onions:
1. Start by making the raita. Grate the cucumber and place into a sieve, season with a generous pinch of salt and leave to drain over a bowl for 20 minutes. Finely chop the mint. After 20 miniutes, squeeze the excess liquid out of the cucumber by placing it into a clean cloth and rinsing, discarding any liquid. In a bowl, mix with cucumber into the yogurt and mint. Season to taste and finish with a squeeze of lemon.
2. To make the pickled onions place the sugar and vinegar in a pan with 100ml water and 1tsp salt. Bring to the boil, then take off the heat. While this heats finely slice the red onions and place into a bowl or container. Pour the heated liquor over the onions, add the sumac, and set aside.
3. Pick the mint and parsley off the stalks. Lightly wash, drain well and add to a bowl. Mix the honey and harissa and set aside. Slice the halloumi into 1-inch-thick slices.
4. When you’re ready to cook the halloumi on the BBQ, start by toasting the tortillas for a few minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and wrap in a clean tea towel to keep warm. Next add the halloumi, colouring each side for a few minutes until golden brown. Using a pastry brush or spoon, then add the honey and harissa marinade to the halloumi, covering well on each side. Cook for a few minutes further then take off the heat.
5. Serve by spreading the raita onto a tortilla and topping with the halloumi, herbs, pickled onions, some crushed pistachios and a little extra sumac. Serve alongside a wedge of lemon and the chillies if you’re after an extra kick!
Delicious delicious harissa!!!
I love Bart products. Never any compromise on quality or consistency in flavour 👍
The Harissa paste is the perfect heat level and honey adds the perfect sweetness. Love this! I added chilli flakes instead of the peppers.
Going to try this recipe tomorrow to share with friends.
looking forward to making some of your recipes
Speed peel some strips of courgette and pile them on the tortilla wrap before building the halloumi on top for added 5 a day points.
06 Jun 2022
06 Jun 2022
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER £25