This zingy sauce with the tender octopus really is a match made in heaven! Perfect as a standalone lunch, or part of a bigger tapas spread.
- 1kg octopus
- 75g blanched almonds, toasted
- 250g jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 tsp Bart Sweet Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Bart cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 tsp garlic paste
- 2 lemon, 1 juiced, 1 wedged to serve
- Handful of parsley, chopped to serve
- Boil some salted water over a high heat. Add the octopus and turn the heat down to a simmer. Cook for around 45 mins until the octopus is tender - check with a knife to see.
- Whilst the octopus is cooking, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan for 3-4 mins, shaking often, until they start to turn golden and smell toasted.. Tip out and leave to cool.
- Drain the red peppers and tip into a food processor with the almonds, extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp garlic, vinegar and smoked paprika, then blitz to a chunky paste. Season with salt to taste.
- Once the octopus is tender, remove from the water and cut into bite size pieces.
- Toss the octopus with a little oil and place into a hot griddle pan. Turn after a few minutes. They should be nicely charred.
- Remove from the heat, and toss with the lemon juice, 1 tsp of garlic paste and season with salt.
- Serve the octopus on top of the romesco sauce, with lemon wedges and a sprinkle of parsley.