- Rub the lamb cutlets with the Raj masala, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make the salad by finely shredding the vegetables and mixing them in a salad bowl. In a jar, mix the oil, juice of half the lemon, the garlic paste and the red wine vinegar and season.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the raita ingredients.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a large frying pan. When hot, cook the lamb chops, for 1 ½ minutes on each side, including the fat edge. This should mean that they are cooked medium, and the fat is rendered.
- Rest on a warm plate while you cook a second batch of lamb chops if necessary.
- Toss the salad in the dressing and serve everything together with wedges of lemon.
Goes well with flatbreads, couscous, rice or new potatoes,